Facebook + SB
Facebook is awesome. Can we get that out the way? I do not say this because we offer social media management and consulting but because that is the actual truth. The honest to God or whatever you beleive in truth.
You know the saying "People hate what they do not understand"? That applies here. Every small business owner, entrepreneur or hell even LARGE business who discounts the pure awesomeness of Facebook or any other social media platform is cray-cray. Yes, I said it. Take a look at these **statistics:
- Worldwide, there are over 1.86 billion monthly activeFacebook users. BILLION. BILLION.
- There are 1.15 billion mobile daily active users (Mobile DAU) for December 2016, an increase of 23 percent year-over-year.
- On average, the Like and Share Buttons are viewed across almost 10 million websites daily.
- Age 25 to 34, at 29.7% of users, is the most common age demographic.
- Facebook users are 76% female (out of 100% of all females) and 66% male (out of 100% of all males). This is stat is one that you really have to think about because it’s comparing the percentage of all females against the percentage of all males who are on Facebook.
- Average time spent per Facebook visit is 20 minutes. (Source: Infodocket)
- One in five page views in the United States occurs on Facebook.
Now, in reading this. At any point did you think, "hmm, my business could use this!"? If not, then we need to have a totally different conversation. Now, we can go on about online activity to make the *connection for you, so here we go.
- 67% say that either reading or writing social media reviews and comments influences their online shopping behavior
- 54% of consumers buy products online weekly or monthly
- 34% agree that their mobile phone will become their main purchase tool
35% Local items would increase preference for local retailer (Hello SB Owners)
40% Buying behavior influenced by reviews
Has the lightbulb turned on yet? You need to be online. You need to be active and you need to be engaging. Start with Facebook, A beautiful website or landing page and go from there. You could have the best damn product/service/idea in the world, but if no one knows, what does it matter?
Yes, I said it. Stop whining, put your big girl panties on and deal with it. We can train you or we can do the dirty work, you decide.
Every platform is not for every business, you decide what works based on your product or service, not your technical abilities.
Once you get there, what you say and who you say it to is just as important.
Identify your target audience, say hello and chat with them.
Next- spend some moolah. Yes, I know. You are on a budget, you do not have the money. Find it. You want people to take you seriously, right? You like reaching the masses, right? Like with anything, you have to pay to play. Pull out the check book and be ready to see some money roll back in now that you are a facebook ninja-in training.
Sources: *https://zephoria.com/top-15-valuable-facebook-statistics **http://www.pwc.com/gx/en/industries/retail-consumer/global-total-retail.html